Having a reliable heating services company in Portland is very important. We’ve all heard the nightmare scenarios from friends and neighbors who have dealt with problematic heating services companies, and maybe you’ve had that experience yourself.
To help you determine what the traits of a reliable, professional heating services company are, our Clean Air Act technicians have put together a list of things to look for:
- Number of years in business – knowing the company has been around for a while lets you as a consumer know that they have experience, knowledge and customers who rely on them.
- The company carries known equipment brands – manufacturers of known equipment brands are selective about the contractors they allow to sell and install their equipment. As such, if you see a specific, known brand affiliated with the heating service company you are researching, this can be seen as a positive.
- Company is licensed and insured – working with a non-licensed and/or uninsured company puts you at risk for being liable for anything that happens during a job, including injuries to the technician.
- Company has a physical, permanent address – it’s never a good idea to hire someone whose main contact is only a phone number; work with a company that has a real office at a physical address.
- Professional, clean appearance – you are hiring a professional, and a technician should present him/herself that way. This includes dress, protective coverings on the feet and company vehicles.
- Good standing with the Better Business Bureau – it’s easy to check the standing of a company with the Better Business Bureau; simply go online to their website or call.
- Referrals – one of the best ways to know if you are hiring a quality heating service company is to go by the referral of a trusted personal friend, neighbor or family member.
24-hour emergency service – heating equipment doesn’t breakdown at a convenient times. You need to know that should your heating break at 2 am, you have a reliable service company to call.
It’s important to know you have a dependable heating service company to call in Portland. At Clean Air Act, our customers and their comfort are our #1 priority, so if you are in need of repair, installation or maintenance for your heating system, call us today!